When you eat for wholehearted living, you are eating shamelessly and blamelessly. At Once and Forever Wellness you discover ways to care for your entire heart – your vital beating heart and the vital heart of you soul. Wholehearted living. You are being called to give them both the care that they deserve and crave – that you deserve and desire. Keep reading to learn 7 vital tips for eating wholeheartedly for shameless blameless weight loss…
7 tips for wholehearted eating and shameless blameless weight loss:
- Discover the truth – You owe it to yourself to know about the choices available to you. When you know what is in the foods you eat, what fuels your heart-organ and your heart-soul, you can make the best choices for you. Not knowing can lead you to less than best decisions. You are worthy of making the best possible choices for yourself! I recommend these two books: Eat This, Not That! and In Defense of Food: A Reader’s Manifesto. You will learn so much and find opportunities to make positive changes.
- Be unstoppable AND imperfect - If most of the time you make the best choices for yourself, you will thrive. Whole hearted living is NOT about perfection. It’s about being fully human. Embrace your imperfection. This is not about all or nothing. It’s about loving yourself into being unstoppable, but not into perfection. It’s what makes you wonderfully YOU.
- Make a rainbow plate – Eating a diet of mostly plants wards off many chronic diseases. Here’s just one example: Harvard researchers followed the health habits of over 100,000 people for 14 years. People who averaged eight-plus servings of fruits and veggies a day were 30 percent less likely to have a heart attack or stroke, compared to those who had less than 1.5 daily servings. Read more here.
- Be an inquisitive and skeptical shopper – Spend most of your time in the produce section. Dare to try new fruits, vegetables and grains each week. Chose 100% whole grains and be skeptical of advertising. Some “whole grain” foods only have a small amount of whole grains in them. Avoid foods that contain more than 5 ingredients. And if you don’t recognize an ingredient as a food, make another choice. Look at the sugar content on the label. You’ll be surprised.
- Eat what you love – If there’s something you “just have to have,” have it! Eat it with joy and gratitude. Enjoy every morsel. You’ll find that the more you focus on what you’re eating, what you love might begin to shift. That highly processed favorite of yours might begin to no longer be a favorite as your awareness increases. You’ll open your eyes and see new delicacies that are taste AND nutrient rich.
- Adopt an attitude of adventure - Create fun in the kitchen by discovering new recipes and re-creating old ones to feed your heart and soul. Experiment and play.
- Have a date with your food – Give your food the attention it deserves. That plate of food is giving your heart and soul what they need. Honor that. Eat one meal a day without distraction. Notice how each bite tastes, feels and smells. You will be filled with the goodness of what you’re giving to your body.
Healthy organ-heart. Healthy soul-heart. Healthy, vibrant and flourishing you! All a part of wholehearted living. What could be better! It’s shameless blameless weight loss.
It’s your turn!
Dare to leave a comment below about what you plan to do first to increase your eating for wholehearted living – shameless blameless living. I read every comment. And when you write it down and “say it out loud”, you’re more likely to follow through. Then enter your name and email address above or below to get tips and tools for shameless, blameless weight loss and living delivered straight into your in box. Plus you’ll receive my FREE GIFT for you: Beginning Your Once and Forever Weight Loss Journey. It might just make all the difference. Yes!!!